Rana Al-Hajj Hassan, Mar Elias, Beirut, Lebanon

When they carried out the operation, they came out of the camp, and my family and I also joined them. We walked carrying the Palestinian flag. We returned home, checked the news, and saw the children who died as martyrs, and the world in Gaza. The Israelis bombed them, destroyed houses, and the world turned its heart. I hate the Zionists. I was very upset when I saw many children dying.

 

At dawn, at 3 o'clock, the camp residents staged a demonstration, and we joined them. Every day, we participated in the protests for Palestine, Gaza, carrying the Palestinian flag, and they placed the Quran in the camp. When I watched and saw the destruction and children being killed, and houses collapsing, my feelings were very mixed, and I imagined myself in Gaza, wondering what would happen.

 

They also bombed the Al-Mashtal Hospital. We screamed and said, 'May God curse them.' Whenever I sat with my friends, I told them, 'I wish I were in their place, a martyr, rather than living like this.' I also love to help our people in Gaza. One day, a group came to the house, saying that whoever has clothes they don't need should donate them. We collected and sent them to the people of Gaza. I was happy to help our people in Gaza, even if it's something small. I'm still collecting my clothes. I hope for the great victory for Gaza. May God heal the wounded, and Gaza returns. Despite all those who were martyred, we are with you, Palestine, because this war made us lift our heads with dignity.

 

Rana Al-Hajj Hassan
13 years old

Mar Elias



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story of Aisha Salim, 10 years old, Mar Elias, Beirut

Story of Fadia, 11 years old, Bourj El Barajneh, Lebanon